Muesli bars (or granola if you break it up)
This is a very versatile recipe. You can replace the nuts with pretty much any type of nut, sunflower seed, raisins or diced dried fruit such as apricots. Choc Chips can be added as a special treat. I make these regularly as they are perfect for kids and mum (with a hot cup of tea).
1/2 cup flour (any flour, but I use wholemeal. Self raising if you want them to rise slightly, other wise plain for a ‘flatter’ bar)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup peanuts or other nuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup oats
- Preheat oven to around 170 degree Celsius.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place in greased or baking paper lined tray.
- Press down flat (around 1-2 cm thickness is good).
- Bake for around 15-20 min until slightly brown in top.
- Take out if oven and cut into squares while hot.
NOTE: Muesli bars will get crispy on cooling.